General questions about Thailand Elite Visa Program
We are here to help!
HIS is an authorized agent of Thailand Elite Program. Our team will provide full assistance during the application process to make it quick and easy.
Please kindly read the answers to some of the common questions that we prepared for you about the Thailand Elite Visa program.
Frequently Asked Questions
- The Thailand Elite Visa Program is a long-term privilege entry visa program managed by the Thailand Privilege Card Company Limited (TPC). TPC is a wholly-owned subsidiary under the Ministry of Tourism and Sport. The purpose of the program is to promote Thailand to foreigners through the issuance of a privilege entry visa, giving them the right to reside in Thailand for up to 20 years.
- TPC registered its incorporation under the Civil and Commercial Code on 29 August 2003, having the Tourism Authority of Thailand as its sole shareholder and having the status of state enterprise under the Budget Procedures Act B.E. 2502 (1959).
- The Thailand Elite Visa Program was initiated according to Article 17 of the Immigration Law B.E. 2522 (2003). It is supported by all government agencies and successful applications are irrevocable. The program has had over 4,000 approvals since inception.
The application process may take from 1 month up to 3 months. The actual term will depend on the nationality of the applicant. In most cases the applicant gets approval in 1-2 months from the application submission date.
- Copy of an identification page of your passport (The passport validity must be at least 1 year on the date of the membership registration)
- Color ID photo (high-resolution file)
- Completed Application Form (filled and signed by applicant)
- Copy of proof of relationship as Immediate Family of Core Member (If apply family-type visa)
The copy of the identification page of your passport will be sent to the Immigration office for a due diligence check. This is to insure that you are not on the blacklist, watching-list or anything that would prevent you to obtain the Visa.
The applicant must have and maintain to have the following qualifications:
- Not having been sentenced by a judgment to imprisonment in any countries except for an offense committed due to negligence;
- Not having been adjudicated bankrupt;
- Not having been declared as a person of unsound mind, incompetence, or quasi-incompetence;
- Not having previously overstayed more than one visa in Thailand;
- Being allowed to stay in Thailand in accordance with the immigration laws or any related law of Thailand;
- Holding a foreign passport
- Being sui juris under Thai law
- According to Immigration Bureau of Thailand, if the length of your current passport is not up to five-year period, the Privilege Entry Visa will be affixed in accordance with the expiration date stated on the passport. The remaining validity will be affixed on your new passport.
- Please be informed that Thailand Elite requires at least three blank visa pages of your current passport and term of the Visa shall be granted in accordance with the validity of Membership.
Elite Visa Member can apply for Non-B visa and work permit to work in Thailand and it will not have an effect on the validity of his(her) Thailand Elite visa which will continue until its expiry date. Therefore, once member get Non-B visa then they have to use their Non-B visa only as per Thai law which allow to hold only one visa. Kindly be noted that visa & 90-day report is totally separate type. Member need to check for their validity both 90-day report & visa.
There are currently seven Elite Visa Types to choose from:
- Elite Easy Access
- Elite Family Excursion
- Elite Family Alternative
- Elite Family Premium
- Elite Privilege Access
- Elite Superiority Extension
- Elite Ultimate Privilege
All Thailand Elite Visa Program types have common features such as airport immigration express services (elite personal assistance through immigration and access to executive lounges), access to a 24-hour contact center, and government concierge services. The main differences between the Thailand Elite Visa Program types are the term of the visa (either 5, 10, or 20 years), the nature of the airport transfer services, and other privileges and complementary benefits included in the visa package.
The most important points to consider are the following:
- Depending on how long you are planning to stay in Thailand choose the visa for 5, 10 or 20 years
- We offer different visa types that suitable for different category of applicants: single, multiple or family. Please carefully read description of each visa type and choose what suits you the best.
- Each visa type offers different range of privileges and benefits and complementary services. You can choose what meet your needs the best.
If you still can’t decide what Thailand Elite Visa Program type to choose from we are here to help! Please feel free to contact us for further consultation by filling out an inquiry form or email address: email@example.com **
Our team makes the application process quick and easy, whether you are in Thailand or abroad. All you need to do is to provide us with a copy of your passport, digital photo and an application form that filled and signed by the applicant and we will complete the rest of the application process for you. We will work with the Thailand Elite Office and the Thai Government Office to confirm your eligibility for the program. There is no need to mail the original documents, for your convenience we accept all the required documents by email. The whole process takes about 1 to 3 months after you submit the application to become a Thailand Elite Member.
Please note, for family applications, proof of the relationship between the core applicant and family members must be included in the submission. The applicant must sign as indicated on all pages of the application form.
There are no any fee for submitting the documents and application form. The whole application process and approval are absolutely free. After receiving approval it is completely up to you to decide whether to make a payment for a visa or not.
The whole process includes the following steps:
- Submission of filled and signed application form and relevant supporting documents, the processing time and approval may take from 1 up to 3 months, once approved the applicant will receive the information to make the payment.
- Making a payment (bank transfer or credit card) and submission of a proof of payment. The applicant will receive a welcome letter from the Thailand Privilege Card Co., Ltd. The successful applicants will receive Thailand Elite Card that will be sent to them with Welcome Package by post.
- Make an appointment to get the Elite visa affixed to the passport, by providing a copy of the welcome letter to the Member Contact Centre.
No, it is not required for the applicant to appear in person during the Thai Elite Visa application process. Our team will manage the process on behalf of the applicant. However, the applicant need to appear in person on the visa issuance date whether it is at the Thai Embassy in the applicant’s country, at Suvarnabhumi airport, or at the Bangkok immigration office.
The retirement visa differs from the Thailand Elite visa in terms of many aspects such as financial requirements, the difficulty of application process, the need of providing medical insurance and paying agent fees, the applicant is required to submit 90 day reporting in person etc. One of the most important advantage of the Thailand Elite Visa is that it provides convenience and hassle-free application process as well as long stay in the country. In the case of a retirement visa, permission will be granted for a period of not more than one year at a time. You will have to re-apply for this type of visa by re-submitting all of the required documentation on a yearly basis, renewal of retirement visa is not guaranteed.
Comparing between Thailand Elite Visa & Retirement Visa
|Requirements||Thailand Elite Visa||Thailand Retirement Visa|
|Min Age||No||50 year old or over|
|Validity||5-10-20 years||1 year|
|Financial requirements: Deposit of THB 800,000 per year in a Thai Bank Account (or Monthly income of min. THB 65,000.)||No||Yes|
|Yearly re-application (re-submitting all of the required documentation)||No||Yes|
|Multiple entry visa||included||not included|
|90 Day Reporting||Done by Thailand Elite*||Must be done in person|
|Private Medical Insurance||Not required||Required|
|Agent fees for visa renewal||No||Varies from THB 20,000-40,000 per year|
|Government Fee to renew visa and apply for re-entry permit||No||approx. THB 6,000 per year|
|Fast track lane at Immigration||Yes||No|
|Lounge service at Airport||Yes||No|
|Airport Limousine service||Yes**||No|
|Opening Bank Account in THB||Yes||Yes|
|Foreign Currency Bank Account||Yes||No|
|Driving License||No need to retake the exam||Need to take the exam|
- *in certain locations: Bangkok, Phuket, Chiang Mai, and Chonburi
- **,***included in some Elite Visa types
The applicant can make payment only after receiving approval which usually takes about 1 to 3 months from the submission date. Once the application has been approved, the Thailand Elite will provide with bank account details for making a payment. The Thailand Elite Visa fee varies from THB 600,000 to THB 2 million depending on the Elite Visa type the applicant applied for. Payment must be made only directly to the Thailand Privilege Card Co., Ltd through the following methods:
• Wire transfer from an overseas bank account. (5 business days)
• Wire transfer from a local bank account. (2-3 business days)
• Online payment by credit card via the link provided. (1 business day)
Once payment has been made, the proof of payment will need to be submitted to Thailand Privilege Card Co., Ltd for confirmation.
Yes, the Thailand Elite Visa fee can be paid by a third party. The applicant need to disclose the relationship with a sponsor, and Thailand Elite may request the supporting documents.
Please note, that the evidence of the payment must include the name of the applicant.
The Thailand Elite visa can be affixed to the successful applicant’s passport following two ways:
- In case if the applicant is in Thailand: the visa can be affixed at the Head Immigration Department in Bangkok. Thailand Elite will arrange an appointment for you and assist you throughout the entire process. You will need to spend about 1 hour at the Immigration Department.
- In case if the applicant is overseas: you need to provide the incoming flight details at least 5 days before arrival to Thailand, and our team will arrange with a representative of the Thailand Elite Member Services Team to meet you at the arrival gate at the Airport. The Elite Member services will fast track you through immigration and affix the visa at the airport. You will need at least one hour to affix the visa, and the visa can be affixed at Chang Mai, Phuket and Bangkok airports.